Published Feb 21, 2020Willie Nelson is back at it again with another new record — this time a feature-heavy 11-track springtime album called First Rose of Spring. It arrives via Legacy on April 24, just days before Willie's 87th birthday.
First Rose of Spring is "an intimate journey through life and love as seen through Willie's unique perspective," that, according to a press release, is "deep in every moment, sharing profound insights and experiences through songs he's written and songs he loves to sing."
Today, we have the record's lead single, title track "First Rose of Spring," a song with credits from Randy Houser, Allen Shamblin and Mark Beeson. The rest of the record is equally stacked with co-writing features, as well as Nelson's reinterpretations of material from artists like Toby Keith, Chris Stapleton, Buddy Cannon and more.
First Rose of Spring is Willie Nelson's 70th album and follows 2019's Ride Me Back Home.
Listen to "First Rose of Spring" down below, where you'll also find the record's tracklisting.
First Rose of Spring:
1. First Rose Of Spring (Randy Houser, Allen Shamblin & Mark Beeson)
2. Blue Star (Willie Nelson & Buddy Cannon)
3. I'll Break Out Again Tonight (Sanger "Whitey" Shafer & Doodle Owens)
4. Don't Let The Old Man In (Toby Keith)
5. Just Bummin' Around (Pete Graves)
6. Our Song (Chris Stapleton)
7. We Are The Cowboys (Billy Joe Shaver)
8. Stealing Home (Marla Cannon-Goodman, Casey Beathard & Don Sampson)
9. I'm The Only Hell My Mama Ever Raised (Wayne Kemp, Bobby Borchers & Mack Vickery)
10. Love Just Laughed (Willie Nelson & Buddy Cannon)
11. Yesterday When I Was Young (Hier Encore) (Charles Aznavour & Herbert Kretzmer)